Business Travel Blogs #
- Business Travel Destinations — Explores the cities you travel for business, the hotels you prefer, things to do and your lifestyle preferences on the road.
- Business Travel News — Without a doubt, one of the largest business travel news portals. BTN also publishes authoritative research and hosts events.
- Buying Business Travel — Buying Business Travel is the UK’s leading publication for travel and meetings buyers and arrangers. It has a highly targeted circulation of over 18,000, with more than 41,000 readers.
- FareCompare's Business Travel Blog — Fare Compare's CEO, Rick Seaney, shares interesting travel tips gathered from Fare Compare's large data pool.
- Frequent Business Traveler — The name says it all. Frequent Business Traveler is a publication that focuses on the travel and technology needs of business travelers.
- One Bag, One World — News, reviews and an online community for light travelers. This blog doesn't focus on business travel but there are some interesting stories and tips that you can learn from to pack light and make the most of your next business trip.
- Smart Women Travelers — Smart Women Travelers is a community dedicated to women who travel, whether for work or for enjoyment.
- Stuck at the Airport — Business travelers spend a lot of time at airports. Stuck at the Airport is a blog about airport and airport amenities. Learn how to make the most of your time at airports before you board or during connections.
- The Beat — A news source for all things business travel. The Beat also runs a popular email newsletter and hosts an annual conference.
- The Points Guy — Wildly popular blog run by Brian Kelly that publishes hands-on travel advice on how to maximize your travel and earn points. Must read for frequent business travelers.
Conferences / Trade Shows #
- ACTE Global — The Association for Corporate Travel Executives (ACTE) is a global association of executive-level members in more than 100 countries. ACTE hosts several conferences around the world and online throughout the year.
- BTN Events — Business Travel News (BTN) hosts a number of web and in-person events throughout the year.
- Business Travel Show — A premier annual business travel trade show hosted in London, UK. More than 6,000 buyers and vendors attend BTS every year. Fun fact - TripCloud was selected as a "Launchpad" startup at BTS 2017.
- Business Travel Summit — A one-day conference hosted in the UK for travel buyers.
- GBTA — The Global Business Travel Association is one of the largest business travel and meetings organization. GBTA hosts an annual business travel convention attended by thousands of members. They also host several local chapter events and online webinars.
- Phocuswright Conference — Phocuswright is a global travel market research company. It hosts an annual conference attended by thousands of travel industry stake holders.
- Skift Global Forum — Skift is a household name for anyone in the travel industry. They host events in the US and Europe every year and is a great place for travel professionals to meet with and learn from peers.
- The Business Travel Conference — An annual event for buyers and arrangers of business travel and meetings. Hosted in London, UK.
- World Travel Market — Although WTM isn't focused purely on business / corporate travel, it's a great place to meet peers from the industry and shop for suppliers. WTM hosts events in South America, the Middle East etc. but their annual conference in London is the largest.
Credit Cards #
- American Express Platinum Credit Card — 60k points after you spend $5,000 in teh first three months. $200 airilne credits, $250 lounge access and $200 in Uber credits are included.
- Bank of America Travel Rewards Credit Card — 20k bonus points if you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of your account opening plus loads of other perks.
- CapitalOne VentureOne Rewards Card — Earn 1.25 miles for every dollar you sepnd with this card. 100 miles equals $1 in travel rewards. You also get 20k bonus miles once you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card — Without a doubt, one the most popular travel-rewards credit cards. Get 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first three months.
- Ink Business Preferred Card — Get $1,000 in travel rewards when you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months.
Expense Management #
- Abacus — Automated expense management and reconciliation for small and medium sized businesses.
- Certify — Integrated expense, invoicing and travel software for small businesses and enterprise.
- Concur — Leading expense and travel management solution for small and medium sized busineses. Now part of SAP, Concur also owns TripIt, the popular itinerary management application.
- Emburse — Share virtual cards or distribute physical cards to organize expenses ahead of time and manage spending across your team.
- Expensify — A leading small business expense reporting solution. Expensify can automatically import credit card transactions, scan your receipts and automate approvals. Free to start with plans up to $9 per user per month.
- Happay — Simple and intuitive expense management solution for companies based in India.
- Pleo — Issue prepaid cards to employees, track spend and generate expense reports. Available in the UK only.
- Spendesk — Issue prepaid MasterCards to your employees to automatically track spend and generate expense reports.
Ground Transportation #
- Hoppa — Uber isn't always the best way to get to the airport / from the airport to your hotel. Use Hoppa to find discounted airport transfers around the world. You'll have your driver waiting for you at the airport when you arrive.
- Lyft for Business — Like Uber, Lyft offers an app-based ride sharing service across major US cities. With Lyft for Business, you can track and easily expense your employees' Lyft rides.
- RentalCars.com — Kayak for rental cars. Use this website to comparison shop for the best car rental offers from Enterprise, Hertz, Avis, Budget, Europcar and others.
- Uber for Business — Uber's business solution offers a comprehensive dashboard and other reporting tools. Employees can automatically expense work-related Uber rides.
Online Communities / Groups #
- Airbnb for Work — A business dashboard for travel managers from Airbnb. Track your employees' Airbnb stays and automate expense reporting.
- Rocketrip — Helps you reduce your company's travel spend by giving employees a "price to beat". Employees are rewarded a percentage of the amount they save. Rocketrip integrates with several corporate travel platforms.
Private Jet Charters #
- JetSmarter — JetSmarter is Uber for private jets. With an annual membership and the JetSmarter mobile app, members can reserve seats on more than 50 routes across three continents.
- Rise — Another "all you can fly" private jet membership similar to Surf Air. Rise operates a fleet of private aircraft on scheduled routes within Texas.
- Surf Air — All you can fly" membership on private aircrafts with pre-defined routes and a daily schedule. Available in California and Europe.
Travel Discounts #
- Hopper — Hopper uses troves of historic price information to tell you when you should buy your flight ticket to get the cheapest fare. Who says you booking in advance always saves you money?
- HotelFlex — Hotel rooms by the hour with flexible check-in and check-out times that help travelers save money!
- Offpeak — A great tool for corporate event managers or if you're planning a company retreat. Use Offpeak to avoid peak travel dates and get the best hotel rates.
- Skiplagged — Not in a rush to make your meeting in another city? Use SkipLagged to find cheap connecting flights. Simply get off at a connection. Only caveat - you can't check in your bags.
- Upside — Book your business trip as a package to save money. Upside also rewards employees with gift cards from Amazon, Whole Foods, Home Depot etc. for saving money on travel.
Travel Gadgets #
- AirBolt Smart Lock — An $79 TSA-approved lock for your suitcase. The lock connects to your phone via Bluetooth to automatically unlock it when you are nearby. You also get alerts if you leave your luggage behind and walk away.
- Bluesmart - Smart Luggage — A smart suitcase with GPS tracking and an in-built battery to charge your gadgets that weighs itself so you never have to worry about overweight bags at the airport!
- Grid-It — Keep your backpack or briefcase organized with this innovative elastic grid that can hold your electronics, chargers and more!
- World's Smallest Steam Iron - Steamfast SF-717 — Throw it in your suitcase and use it in your hotel room! Perfect to remove wrinkles before that important meeting!
- eBags Packing Cubes — A simple solution to keep your suitcase organized. Use these packing cubes to separate your clothes, shoes, towels and more. No matter how frequently you travel, you'll never have a messy suitcase again.